Braces are orthodontic devices that can help you deal with a variety of dental issues – from correcting crowding teeth to fixing the position of your jaw. In addition to improving your oral health, braces will also help you smile with confidence. The devices work great for adults and children. They are also the perfect solution for college students who want to achieve well-aligned teeth before joining the workforce.
A common concern with this dental treatment is its cost. Often, students delay orthodontic treatment until they are adults due to its expense. Fortunately, braces do not always have to be expensive. Several affordable options are available, as well as some programs that may cover part of the costs.
At Pristine Dentalworks, we would be happy to assist both school students and college students throughout their braces journey. Our clinic is dedicated to helping them receive dental services at an affordable price.
In this article, we will provide you with an overview of braces cost in Singapore and what can affect it. If you need more information, feel free to contact our clinic.
How Much Do Braces Cost in Singapore?
The average cost of braces in Singapore for adults is S$5000.
Students may be able to get the treatment at a lower cost. There are some dental clinics in Singapore that offer cheaper braces for students, costing under S$4000.
Here is a general overview of what you can expect to pay for orthodontics. If you need more accurate information please contact our dental centre.
Typical Braces Cost in Singapore
Braces treatment in Singapore can cost between S$3600 and S$7000. This large price fluctuation is primarily due to the many types of braces available in the market. Furthermore, every orthodontic case is unique in terms of complexity and requires a different treatment approach. Consequently, the price will range accordingly.
You may be able to use your insurance to reduce the costs of your braces. Nevertheless, you need to make sure that your plan covers orthodontics because some do not. Medisave does not provide financial assistance for braces. Only surgical dental procedures are covered under the plan.
Student Prices for Braces in Singapore
Dental clinics in Singapore may offer students the possibility of cheaper braces treatment. For example, the average cost of metal braces for college students is about S$3500. You might even find them at a cheaper price at some clinics.
If you want more invisible options such as lingual braces or Invisalign you will have to shell out around S$4300 and S$4600.
As a student, you can also use your insurance plan to pay a portion of your treatment. Most student packages include X-ray, scaling and polishing, and braces at a discount of up to 25%. Additionally, some plans also cover the consultation fee, which can save you over S$200 on the cost of the initial payment.
What Affects the Cost of Braces?
Usually, the type of braces and complexity of your dental problem will have the greatest impact on the total cost of your orthodontic treatment. A few other factors, however, will also play a crucial role in determining the total price.
In this section, we will discuss what can affect the cost of your braces treatment.
The Type of Braces You Want
You can choose between various types of braces. You can opt for either fixed braces or removable devices. Moreover, you will also be able to select the material of your appliances, as well as whether you want to wear visible or invisible braces. The cost of your orthodontic treatment will greatly depend on the type of appliances you choose. Below are a few options and their approximate costs.
- Metal braces. Traditional metal braces are one of the most affordable braces on the market. Prices for these braces can range from S$3500 to S$4500.
- Ceramic braces. It is a type of clear appliance made from a tooth-coloured material that provides less visibility. The cost of ceramic braces is between S$4500 and S$5500 on average.
- Self-ligating braces. These devices use a more sophisticated technology, which is why they are more expensive than metal and ceramic braces. Self-ligating braces range in price from S$5200 to S$5600.
- Lingual braces. These devices are fully invisible since they are positioned on the inner portion of the teeth. This benefit of course comes at a higher price, starting from S$7000 and reaching up to S$10000.
- ClearSmile invisible braces. This is a clear aligner system that offers invisibility and high efficiency. Pricing for this brace ranges from S$7000 to S$9500.
Please note that these prices are given based on national averages. Check with our clinic to get a more accurate estimate of the costs for the different kinds of braces.
The Severity of Your Dental Issue
Braces can be used to treat a wide variety of issues in dentistry, including misaligned teeth, crooked teeth, crowding teeth, misaligned jaw, etc. Depending on your situation, you may also get braces only on your bottom or upper teeth (single arch treatment), or you may treat upper and lower teeth together. Obviously, double arch treatment will be more expensive than single arch treatment. Also, if your problem is more severe, your treatment will last longer and you will need to visit the dentist office more frequently. This, in turn, will increase the price of your orthodontic treatment.
The Type of Dental Insurance You Have
Depending on your insurance plan, you might be able to get 50% coverage for your braces treatment. However, not all dental insurance plans cover braces work. Make sure to check with your insurance provider to see if they can offer you financial assistance. If they are not able to do so, you can purchase an add-on for your braces. Please keep in mind that in this situation, you should wait the allotted time before starting your treatment (if one is specified in your policy).
Braces Treatment Process in Singapore
It is important to understand that braces treatment is not something that will be completed quickly. It takes time and requires many dental appointments. This is a quick overview of what your braces treatment will entail.
- Initial consultation. Initial consultations normally consist of a complete dental health examination, initial screening, taking X-rays, and making diagnostic records. If you are a student make sure you bring with you a valid student pass on your first appointment.
- Treatment plan design. You will be provided with a customized treatment plan. It will be designed based on your personal preferences, your dental condition and all the records done during the first consultation.
- Placement of the braces. During this appointment, you will have your teeth cleaned and the appliances will be placed in your mouth. In addition, you will receive recommendations on how to maintain good oral hygiene while wearing braces.
- Follow up visits. The usual frequency of these visits is every 4 to 6 weeks. The follow-up checkups allow the dentist to keep track of your progress.
- Completion of braces treatment. The braces are taken out during this stage, and retainers are fitted to ensure a stable new smile.
Your braces treatment can take anywhere from half a year to two years.